June 03, 2011

4 Non Blondes - Spaceman

If i could take off my cynical hat for a moment and believe this is not overly sentimental, I would believe this is one hell of a way to describe the inner experience of my son and other children like him.

On second thought, to hell with that, this is very much what I believe his inner life could be.



Starry night bring me down
'Til I realize the moon
It seems so distant yet I felt it pass
Right through
And I see what I see
A new world is over me
So I'll reach up to the sky
And pretend that I'm a
Spaceman, in another place and time
I guess I'm lookin' for a brand new
Place, is there a better life for me
Subtle wind blow me gone
Let me rest upon your move
I trust I'll end up sleeping
Cradled in my doom
And I feel what I feel
I can't grasp what is not real
So I'll get myself real high
And imagine I'm a
Spaceman, in another place and time
I guess I'm lookin' for a brand new
Place, is there a better life for me
I remember in my mind
They say I'm a daydreamin'
Is it all that It seems
Or am I all the things I'm looking for, yea
So I see what I see, A new world is over me
And I'll reach up to the sky
And pretend that I'm a spaceman
In another place and time
I guess I'm lookin' for a brand new place
I remember living in a different life
Is there a better life for me

Above lyrics held in copyright by respective owners








2 comments:

  1. Well, my son's inner life is a bit different. Blondes who are scantily clad, Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, the Mighty Ducks and laughing at obese people. I can immediately tell in his expression that which lights him up....anything which is irreverent. Always a teenager, even at 25.

    ReplyDelete